eileen fisher -hr policies
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHR practices- EILEEN FISHER.
- Meet Eileen "I like simplicity. It makes the woman important. I want clothes to help us relax into ourselves." EILEEN FISHER HR PRACTICE
- INTRODUCTION Eileen Fisher is an American clothing designer & founder of the Americans womens clothing retailer, Eileen Fisher, Inc. Fishers design is characterised by simplicity, & her company is known for using non- traditional models in print advertisements, including its own employees.
- COMPANY PROFILE Industry - retail Genre Fashion Founded 1984 HQ NY, United States No of Locations 56 in 15 states Products Clothing Employees 800+ Website www.eileenfisher.com
- Fishers company emphasizes sustainability with70% of the cotton used in its clothing sourced from organic cotton. In order to avoid fabric & fibre waste, the Company started a recycling program. Customers donate their gently used EF Clothing in return of a $ 5gift certificate per article. After dry cleaning the garment are resold- with the income funding business grants for women & leadership programs for young women.
- MISSION Purpose Inspire simplicity, creativity and delight through connection and great design. Product Design products that delight the spirit and simplify life Practice Create an environment that inspires our best work, individually and in connection. Profitability Have our mission drive our business and our profitability foster our mission
- LEADERSHIP PRACTICES 1 COMMUNICATES VISION KEEP IT SIMPLE INSPIRE CREATIVITY TEAM WITH PEOPLE ENGAGE PEOPLE
- LEADERSHIP PRACTICES 2 NURTURE GROWTH IN OTHERS NURTURE GROWTH IN YOURSELF CREATE A JOYFUL ATMOSPHERE COMMUNICATE OPENLY TELL THE TRUTH
- BENEFITS WELL BEING CONNECTION TO FAMILIES JOYFUL ATMOSPHERE
- WELL BEING Medical: EILEEN FISHER contributes a generous portion toward the cost of each employee's medical benefits Dental: X-ray, annual cleaning, basics etc. Flexible Spending Accounts: The flexible spending account allows eligible employees to set aside pre-tax dollars into an account which can be used for: medical/dental expenses not covered by your regular health insurance; dependent care including childcare; and qualified
- Life Insurance: Our life insurance policy is provided at no cost to all eligible employees. The plan provides a benefit of two times the base salary. In addition, employees have the option to purchase supplemental life insurance, including coverage for their spouse/domestic partner and children Vacation Personal sick days Personal observance Holidays
- Short-Term and Supplemental Disability Long-Term Disability 401(k) Employee Stock Ownership Plan Profit-sharing Bonus Employee Assistance Program Wellness & Education Programs On-site Wellness Services
- CONNECTION TO FAMILIES Parental leave Partner leave Domestic partner coverage Adoption assistance Bereavement Leave: Flexible work arrangements
- JOYFUL ATMOSPHERE Clothing allowance Sample sales Service awards Community gatherings Peer partner program Summer hours
- WELLNESS SERVICES LEARNING EMPLOYEES SHOPPING+ WELLNESS ACTIVITIES WARDROBE SYSTEM CUSTOMERS COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP EVENTS CLUB SUPPORT COMMUNITY
- GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT Learning activities provide opportunities to step back from day-to-day work, to reflect on themselves, to experience new thinking and to listen to others. At EILEEN FISHER, individual and collective growth is encouraged through: Group off-site meetings where they explore their work together on key topics or business opportunities. Internal workshops designed for a shared learning experience the ways they relate as leaders or individual contributors. External training/education programs ranging from degree programs at colleges and universities to workshops on specific topics related to their work. Taking on new tasks or projects with guidance from someone who has experience.
- Participation on key teams such as the Wellness Committee, the Social Consciousness Committee, various volunteerism teams, their Eco Product Team, their Diversity & Inclusion Task Force and their Peer Partner program to support new employees. They believe that the development of their people and of their collaborative teams helps their company thrive both culturally and financially. It also supports their employees in their nonwork lives. As one of their leaders said recently, Working at this company has made me a better person.
- ENVIRONMENT Their environmental initiative is a company priority, involving changes big and smallfrom developing eco materials and supporting renewable energy to recycling clothing. It's a commitment to their belief in honoring the earth and its connection to our well being. By seeking the best practices throughout the lifecycle of their products, they are creating healthier environments for farmers, supply chain workers and future generations.
- PEOPLE AT EF When I interview prospective employees, I often talk about how people start their careers at EILEEN FISHER doing one thing. As they grow and develop, they switch gears and sometimes reinvent themselves entirely. - Celeste Thompson, Human Resources
- NICOLE BENUSKA Brand Merchandiser
- What sets EF apart from other places you have worked? Having worked for small companies before EILEEN FISHER, I've actually been impressed that I've found more similarities than differences. The camaraderie and community I cherished about the small businesses also thrives in the EILEEN FISHER work culture. Our passion and commitment to sustainability, ECO initiatives and human rights truly inspires me.
View more >