out of 14
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Introduction What is Mind Reading? Why Mind Reading? How does it Work? Advantages and uses Disadvantages and Problems Conclusion
- People express their mental state, including emotions, thoughts and desires, all time through facial expression, vocal nuances and gesture Mind reading machine is co-ordination of human psychology and computer techniques. Some Equipment are used to gather data & then analyzed. To use those data for further prediction is known as theory of mind reading.
- The team in the Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge has developed Mind Reading Machines-Computers that implement computational model of Mind Reading to infer mental states of people from their facial signal. Software from Nevenvision identifies 24 feature point on the face and tracks them in real time. For example, a combination of head node, with a smile and eyebrows raised might mean interest.
- The mind reading actually involves measuring the volume and oxygen level of the blood around the subjects brain using tech. called functional near- infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) The user wears a sort of futuristic head band that send light in that spectrum in to the tissues of the head where it is absorbed by active, blood filled tissues.
- For the first test of sensors, scientists trained the program to recognize six words-including go", "left and right -10 numbers. Then researchers put the letters of the alphabet in to a matrix with each column and row labeled with a single digit number. These were used to silently spell NASA into a web search engine using program. This proved we could browse the web without touching a keyboard.
- The results are often compared to an MRI, but can be gathered with lightweight, noninvasive equipment. Wearing the FNIRS sensor, experimental subjects were asked to count the number of squares on a rotating onscreen cube and to perform other tasks.
- It deals with anatomy and molecular biology of neurons. A neuron is a nerve cell that is the basic building block of the nervous system. Neurons are specialized to transmit information throughout the body. It is done by measuring oxygen level of blood using FNIRS.
- Facial effect detection It is done using hidden Markov Model, Neural Network processing or active appearance model. Emotional Classification Classification by Paul Ekman Anger, Fear, Happiness, Disgust, Sadness, Surprise.
- Blood Volume Pulse It is measured by process called photoplethysmography. It produce a graph indicating blood flow through the extremities.
- Can read minds Help paralytic patients Help Handicapped people Help Comma patients Help people who cant speak Can be used for military purposes & sting operations Can be combined with consoles & used for mind gaming, robotics & stuff. Eliminate the capability to lie.
- Breach in privacy Can extract, through an individual, an important, secure & confidential information of individual, state or even a country If developed or used by sinners, can be highly dangerous Eavesdropping No way to neutralize this technology
- Tufts University researchers have begun a three-year research project which, if successful, will allow computers to respond to the brain activity of the computer's user. Users wear futuristic-looking head bands to shine light on their foreheads, and then perform a series of increasingly difficult tasks while the device reads what parts of the brain are absorbing the light. That info is then transferred to the computer, and from there the computer can adjust it's interface and functions to each individual.
View more >