presntation on honda
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONhonda joit venture with hero and their sales
PRESNTATION ON HONDA
HONDA SPECIFICATIONSType Public company
Founded 24 September 1948
Founder(s) •Soichiro Honda•Takeo Fujisawa
Headquarters Minato, Tokyo, Japan
Area served Worldwide
Key peopleTakanobu Ito (President, CEO, & Representative Director)
•Automobiles•Motorcycles•Scooters•Electrical Generators•Water pumps•Lawn and Garden EquipmentS•Tillers•Outboard motors•Robotics•Jets•Jet Engines•Thin-film solar cells
Revenue ¥7.948 trillion (2012)
Operating income ¥231.36 billion (2012)
Net income ¥211.48 billion (2012)
Total assets ¥11.780 trillion (2012)
Total equity ¥4.402 trillion (2012)
Employees 179,060 (2012)
Subsidiaries•Acura•Li Nian (Everus)•Honda Aircraft Company
SOME FACTS ABOUT HONDA• Honda Motor Company, Ltd. is a Japanese public
multinational corporation primarily known as a manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles.
• Honda has been the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959 as well as the world's largest manufacturer of internal combustion enginesmeasured by volume, producing more than 14 million internal combustion engines each year.
• Honda surpassed Nissan in 2001 to become the second-largest Japanese automobile manufacturer.
• As of August 2008, Honda surpassed Chrysler as the fourth largest automobile manufacturer in the United States.
• Honda was the seventh largest automobile manufacturer in the world behind Toyota, General Motors, Volkswagen AG, Hyundai Motor Group, Ford, and Nissan in 2010.
• Honda was the first Japanese automobile manufacturer to release a dedicated luxury brand, Acura, in 1986.
• Aside from their core automobile and motorcycle businesses, Honda also manufactures garden equipment, marine engines, personal watercraft and power generators,.
• Since 1986, Honda has been involved with artificial intelligence/robotics research and released their ASIMO robot in 2000.
• They have also ventured into aerospace with the establishment of GE Honda Aero Engines in 2004 and the Honda HA-420 Honda Jet, scheduled to be released in 2012
HONDA IN INDIA• Honda comes to India as a Joint-Venture between the Hero Group
and Honda Motor Company was established in 1984 as the Hero Honda Motors Limited At Dharuhera India.
• Hero is the brand name used by the Munjal brothers for their flagship company Hero Cycles Ltd , Honda share 26% stake in company.
• But after 26 years of bonding with the motorcycle users in India, Hero Honda was finally splited in Dec 16, 2011.
• Some remarkable products of this JV are: Hero Honda Acheiver , Hero Honda Ambition , Hero Honda CBZ , CBZ Xtreme , Hero Honda CD 100 , Hero Honda CD Dawn, Hero Honda Glamour , Hero Honda Hunk , Hero Honda Karizma and many more.
HONDA PRODUCTS• Honda shine• Honda eterno• Honda activa• Honda unicorn • Honda dio• Honda CBR
250R• Honda twister• Honda stunner• Honda Yuga
• Honda city• Honda brio• Honda civic • Honda accord• Honda jazz• Honda CR-V