out of 79
Post on 22-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSnehana is one of the Purvakarma of Panchakarma
- ABHYANTARA SNEHAPANA Dr. Ketan Mahajan M.D. Panchakarma Assistant Professor Department of Panchakarma Patanjali Bhartiya Ayurvigyan Evam Anusandhan Sansthan Haridwar, U.K. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Order of Treatment Deepana Pachana Poorvakarma Snehana Svedana Pradhankarma Shodhana Paschatkarma Ahara Aushadh Vihar
- Classification Bahya Abhyantara
- The process which produces: Sneha Vishyandana Mriduta Kledana
- Sneha therapy can be administered only when:- There is good Agnideepti There is Srotoshodhana For this purpose Deepana, Pachana, Rooksha aushadhis are given before Snehana.
- Deepana- Pachana Chikitsa Enhances the Agni Clears the Srotas Better absorption & efficacy Reduces the risk of complications
- How to apply Deepana Pachana in practice CHOORNA Panchakola Ajmodadi Vaishwanara etc.. KASHAYA Dashmoola Chirbilwadi Shunthi etc.. VATI Chitrakadi Agnitundi etc..
- Agnitundi Vati Trikatu Churna Jeerak Churna Panchakola Phanta Vata Pitta Shoola Pradhan Roga Kapha
- Note: If necessary mild Anulomana Dravyas can be advised during Deepana Pachana like Abhayarishta, Avipattikara Churna etc.. If Rukshana is necessary Takrarishta, Udvartana can be adviced.
- Multifaceted Therapy As Poorvakarma External & Internal Use Localized & Systemic Action Different modes of Administration Nourishes Body & Mind
- Where can we give Sneha ??
- Indications Svedya Samshodya Ruksha Vata Vikara Vyayamanitya Madhyanitya Streenitya Chintaka Vriddha Bala Abala Krisha Ksheenasra Ksheenaretas Syanda Timira Daruna Pratibodhinah
- Practically what we come across.. Degenerative disorders of joints Skin disorders Psychiatric illnesses Neurological diseases Immune pathologies Myopathies Gynecological disorders
- Contraindications Rukshanarha Utsanna Kapha Utsanna Medas Abhishyanna- Anaha Abhishyanna Guda Mandagni Trishna Murcha Garbhini Talushosha Annadvesha Chardi Gar-ardita Ama-ardita Durbala Snehaglanayah Madatura Ajirna Taruna jwara Basti karma Aruchi Vamita Virikta Akala prasruta Udararogi Urustambha Atisara
- Practically what we come across.. Patients with Mandagni Diseases of Kapha Anubandha Diseases of Meda Anubandha
- Variety Pitta Vata Vata Kapha Vata Vata
- Ghee- Points to remember Samskara Anuvartanam Madhura Avidahitvat Janmadyeva Cha Sheelanat Administered in Sharad Ritu Those who desire for longevity, Bala, Varna, Svara, Pushti, Smriti, Medha, Dhee, Agni etc..
- Taila- Points to remember Madhura Rasa Ushna Guna Administered in Pravrut & Sheeta Kala Pravriddha Shleshma & Medas In Krimi Kostha In Krura Kostha Those who desire for Bala, Laghuta etc..
- Vasa- Points to remember Having best Agni Bala Ruksha Emaciated from weight lifting, coitus & excessive walking Sandhi, Asthi, Marma, Koshha Ruja Vata Avarana Vasa Satmya
- Majja- Points to remember Diptagni Klesha Saha Krura Koshha Sneha Sevi Those who desire of Bala-Shukra-Majja-Asthi Vardhana
- Yamaka & Maha Sneha To use in different degrees of Vata vitiation Eg. Jeevantyadi Yamak in Vipadika, Mahasneha in Asthimajjagata Vata
- Karmukta Bheda of Sneha Criteria Shodhana Shamana Brimhana Purpose Doshutklesha Vyadhi Shamana Brimhana Form Accha, Vicharana Accha Vicharana Dose Uttama Madhayam Alpa Time & Method of administration Morning Akshudhita Morning Kshudhita Any time with food Duration Maximum 7 days Till Vyadhi Shamana Till samyak Brimhana
- Types of Abhyantara Snehapana in Practice Accha Sneha Pravicharana Sneha Sadhya Sneha
- Accha Sneha
- Intake of large quantity of Sneha, without mixing with any other materials. Taking large quantity of Sneha after the digestion of previous night meal. If Accha Sneha is taken during Kshudha Kala it does not serve the purpose of Shodhana because of Deeptagni.
- Indications Contraindications Sneha Satmaya Sneha Dveshi Klesha Saha Kshama Nati Sheeta/Ushna Kala Mridu Kostha Sneha-Madhya Nitya
- Duration of administration Krura Koshta - 7 days Madhyama Koshta - 4 to 5 days Mrudu Koshta - 3 days Or Upto Samyak Snigdha Lakshana, whichever is earlier. If administered for long time it will lead to Satmyata.
- Materials required Sneha- Q.S. Measuring jar-1 Glass-1 Cloth-1 Lemon-1 Water boiled with Shunti - Q.S. Cotton- Q.S. Gauze-1 Tumbler-1
- Pre operative procedure Proper Patient examination Assessment of digestion and bowel Test dose
- Important Factors for Abhyantara Snehapana KOSTHA AGNI
- Assessment of Kostha Frequency of stool Consistency of stool Time for defecation Level of satisfaction Effect of food items & medicines Any GIT pathology
- Assessment of Agni Understand the level and degree of Appetite Details of Food habit Any history of Ajeerna Quantity and Quality of food Timing and interval of Food
- Investigations required prior to Accha Snehapana Blood - RE, LFT, Sugar levels , Lipid profiles. Urine - RE Stool - RE
- Procedure Dosage of the sneha must be decided according to Vayas, Prakriti, Vikriti, Dosha and Agnibala. It must be in between 30-50 ml The dose for the next day should be fixed after assessing the time taken for digestion.
- Within half an hour of sunrise, patient should be seated in a comfortable position and Sneha should be given in empty stomach. After giving the Sneha warm water should be given as Anupana
- Specific Anupana Ushnodaka for most of the sneha except those processed with Tuvarak & Bhallatak Yusha- for Taila Manda- Vasa & Majja
- Then the patient should wash the face and mouth with hot water to remove the taste of Sneha. When thirst occurs, hot water can be given.
- Jiryamana Lakshana Jirna Lakshana Shiroruja Shirorujadi Jiryamana Lakshana Prashamana Bhrama Vatanulomana Nishthiva Svastyata Murcha Kshut Sada Trishna Arati Udgarashuddhi Klama Laghuta
- Samyak Snigdha Lakshana 1. Agnideepti (increase in appetite) 2. Sneha- Dvesha (intolerance to fat) 3. Asamhata Varcha (loose stools) 4. Anga Laghava (lightness in the body) 5. Gatra Mardawa (soft feeling of body parts) 6. Snigdha Gatrata (smoothness in the body)
- 7. Snigdha Pureesha (oily stools) 8. Snigdha Twcha (oily skin) 9. Vatanulomana (passage of flatus) 10. Adastad Sneha Darsanam (passing of fat in stools) 11. Klama (tiredness without doing physical work) 12. Shaithilya (lethargy)
- Key Points Vatanulomana Normal GIT movements Agnideepti Normal Appetite Varcha Snigdhata and Asamhata Oily stool Snehodwega Aversion to Sneha Klama - Lassitude
- Asnigdha Lakshana 1. Grathita Purisha (passing of hard stools) 2. Ruksha Purisha (passing of dry stools) 3. Agnimandya (weak digestive power) 4. Vayu Pratilomata (unregulated vata) 5. Gatra Kharata (roughness of body) 6. Gatra Rukshata (dryness of body) 7. Urovidaha (burning sensation in chest) 8. Dourbalya (weakness) 9. Kricchra Annapachana (late digestion) 10.Susnigdha Viparyaya (features opposite to those of Samyak Sneha)
- Atisnigdha Lakshana 1. Panduta (pallor) 2. Sharira Gaurava (heaviness of body) 3. Jadyata (sluggishness) 4. Apakva Purisha (undigested foods in st