Embed Size (px)
• An advertising agency is a service based business dedicated to creating, planning, and handling advertising (and sometimes other forms of promotion) for its clients
• An agency can also handle overall marketing and brand strategies and sales promotions for its clients.
• Lucrative business
• Market size – 13,200 Crores
• Perfect competition
• Asset – ‘CREATIVITY’
• High risk business
Why ad agency?
• Saving Time
• Saving Money
• Brand Development
• Out of box thinking
Purnima Ad agency
What do they do?
• complete a market analysis
• develop an advertising plan
• prepare a creative strategy
• create advertising executions
• develop and implement a media plan
• handle billing and payments
• integrate other marketing communications
• Full service agencies
• Creative agencies
• Specialized agencies
• In-house advertising agencies
In-house advertising agencies
Functions of full service agency
• Account management
• Media planning and placement
• Liaison between agency and client
• Responsible for understanding... • The client’s business• The client’s marketing needs• Strategy development
• Representing client point of view within the agency
• Interpret market environment • gather and analyze research data. • Primary and secondary techniques
• determine consumer needs/perceptions• Understand problems
• advise how ads can meet strategic goals• Help find solutions
• The creative department is responsible for creating and producing the print and broadcast advertising• Good creative work is always guided by a creative strategy that sets forth goals to be accomplished and key message points to be relayed
Copy Spvr. &Copywriters
Art Supervisor& Art Directors
• The media department has two main functions
- planning and buying.
• The planning group handles more strategic marketing and
• The buying group handles media negotiations and
• Proposal Presentation
• Closing the Sale
TOP 51 Ogilvy & Mather
2 180 Amsterdam
4 Leo Burnett
5 Wieden + Kennedy
Top 5 in India
1.Ogilvy and Mather : Vodafone, Cadbury, Asian Paints and Fevicol.
2. Mudra Communications: Tourism Australia, Colgate and PolicyBazaar.com.
3. JWT: Listerine, Good night, and Teach for India.
4. McCann Erickson India: MasterCard, Coca Cola, and Greenlam Laminates.
5. Lowe Lintas :Idea, ICICI Prudential and Tata Tea.
• Commissions(Usually 15%)
• The D&AD (Design & Art Direction)
• The One Show
• The Cannes Lions
• Communication Arts Annuals
WINNER OF 2014 THE CANNES LIONS AWARDAGENCY: MCCANN WORLD GROUP, MUMBAI, INDIA